What is a “Build ID”?
A Build ID is a unique number generated by Saginaw Control and Engineering to track manufactured goods, similar to a “lot number”. Each Build ID is unique to a specific part number, and can be used to track specific information about specific builds. Build ID’s appear on many different labels and many different types of packaging. Below is an example of a UL Label and what can be found on it, including the Build ID.
- Underwriters Laboratories Type Rating
- Canadian Standards Association Type Rating
- Build ID unique to Saginaw Control and Engineering’s manufacturing process
- Saginaw Control and Engineering’s Part Number
- International Electrotechnical Commission Rating
- Ingress Protection Rating
- Enclosure Model/Series